Ahoy Blogistan! It's us, Milo, Laverne, Shirley, and Captain Morgan. Mama has taken too long getting us back in our proper spotlight out here. So, we decided to take matters (and her laptop) in our own paws and claws.
Shirley: "
Mama's mama's mama got sick and my Mama was really sad. She's been busy driving back forth visiting and takin' care of things. Then her own mama was home from Afghanistan and my mama was stressed something awful. Apparently my mama's mama didn't like my papa when he married my mama. But then my mama's mama had to return to Afghanistan and my mama's been blue and sad. Are you as confused as I am by now? For realz. Anyway, I told my mama we'd take care of K is for Kong."Laverne: "
Yah yah! Kongs are food puzzles. They keep up busy for a long time and Mama says they're "indestructible." Whatever that means. Mama fills them up with all kinds of nummy yummy stuff for us. Sometimes she fills them up with little cookie people. BOL!"

Laverne & Shirley: "
We wait every so patiently for our overstuffed Kongs. (Not!!!) Our big bro Milo gets his brought to him, but we can't wait. We sit right by Mama while she prepares our treat puzzle."

Shirley: "
It's fun rollin' and bouncin' with our Kongs while trying to get our nummy treats out."

Milo: "
Ok, so my annoying little sisters took care of K is for Kong. I'll tell ya about K for Kibble! My Mama spends many hours doing something called "research" just to figure out what's best to feed us. She hasn't figured out yet that we'll eat just about anything. Or, maybe she has..."
"
So, anyway, Mama feeds me 1 cup of Merrick's Senior Medley and 1 cup of Hill's Prescription Diet j/d (for my aching arthritic joints) every day. She also mixes in homemade stuff, which I love the best, but Mama says this Kibble takes care of all my vitamins and mineral needs for the day. "

"
Last year, my bestest Goldie brother Achilles died. I was ever so sad. I miss him every day. Then, my sisters came to live with us. They cheered me up lots. They were pretty little chunky monkeys. So they get 1 cup of this Kibble every day, 1/2 with breakfast and 1/2 with dinner."

"
Mama says folks have made lots of money on the low carb, high protein diet stuff. Hey, it worked for my pudgy sisters! BOL!"

Captain Morgan: "
That mommy lady has been gone an awful lot these past couple of weeks. One morning she forgot to feed me, and even though she was mad at herself for forgetting such a thing, I still gave her the business when she returned home. Harumph, the nerve! My daddy, he's my favoritest human in the house, was out of the country for work, and when he returned home I told him how mean that mommy lady had been to me.
He gave her a kiss anyway! Go figure."

"
Sometimes she can be nice, like when she goes to the pet store to get my rations. I eat "K"aytee Supreme parrot food. Because I am THE supremest parrot of them all."
"
There are lots of different seeds and pods and goodies in there. I especially like the "k"ernels of corn. Sweet and crunchy!"

"
If she's being extra nice, that mommy lady will sprinkle some delicious pumpin seeds on top, but I'll save those morsels for the letter "P"."
Milo, Laverne, Shirley, and El Capitan: "
Oh, our mama said to tell ya'll she loves kale, so "k" is for kale for our mama. She says to tell all her Blogistani friends to eat their greens and roughage, especially kale! (YUCK!!!)"
"
Please check out Auntie Jen's blog for more A to Z Mondays. http://unglazed.blogspot.com . Thanks for tuning in, our mama will be back this week!!!"
10 comments:
I've missed you, dear friend! So glad to see more FOOD postings here, even if it's for the fur-babies. Capt. Morgan's food looks fit for a Superbowl (or Final Four) party! All you'd need to do is add olive oil, garlic and roast it, right?
Sending big hugs and much love to all those in your household, and all those who are in your heart. XOXO
the girls don't miss a beat when it comes to food, do they!? so glad to hear from you again...always look forward to your...or the dogs posts!
xoxox
Your Kritters are so Krazy and smart.
Sorry you have been so stressed and busy...life is Krazy at times.
Love seeing all the good stuff you give the furrbabies!!!
One of these little beach restaurants here makes a delicious chicken, potato, kale soup! Kale is soooo good and so good for you!
Miss you!
Glad to see your post! I totally understand how consuming life and family can be!!
Your blog is certainly in good hands!! I enjoyed reading about the food--My pups eat EVO and Acana, but we mix the veggies etc., in with it--When I was out of town last weekend I took Charlie, our Wheaten Terrier and he wouldn't eat just plain ole kibble..I've totally spoiled him!! :-)
Hope you're able to find some "me time!" Take care!!!
You're so good to your animals. I love reading the posts with them. :) Well, all of your posts are great. I used to have kale in a smoothie all the time. I haven't been able to eat it solo. Have any tips?
Great that the family chipped in to take over the blog! I'll send Baby Rocket Dog & the Hootster over to check it out.
Sorry to hear your Gma isn't well. And also that mama doesn't appreciate BelovEd. Maybe in time. Drive safely with all that back & forth. X-C
Nice to see you all back. Sorry to hear about your mama's mama....give her extra snuggles from us.
Hey Doglies & Capt.Morgan! Good K words. We too love Kong and all the tasty treats that it hides within. You get really cool treats though. Ours don't look like little peeps! Kale!? Ugho. We only like to nibble on grass from a yard. Ya know, with lots of good germs and pee and stuff on it!! BOL!
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRocketDog and Hootie
The inventor(s) of Kong should have won the NOBEL frikkin PRIZE, an I just say THAT?!!!
We love our KONGS!!!
And I LOVE the pictures of your pups looking up adoringly (and expectantly!) at their Kongs!
So cute!
Happy to see your return to the blogosphere! :)
Post a Comment