I'm off to lead a 2 hour spinning class in an effort to raise buckoo bucks for our nation's men and women served in our our armed forces, and came home wounded and injured.
www.spinningnation.org (see if you can find my picture:-)
It is benefitting Ride to Recovery: www.ride2recovery.com
I have personal, political perspectives on the recent wars our country has entered, but that doesn't change my eternal gratitude for the U.S. Military.
Thank you for preserving my freedom in my adopted land and keeping me safe. And thank you for putting your life on the line so that my birthland may have the same.
SPINNING NATION!!!
6 comments:
you're awesome! Be careful tho 2 hours is a long time to spin!
You are so darn awesome.
I don't usually do anything for 2 hours in a row besides sleep.
Thank you for doing this!!!
I have been meaning to drop by and visit to say thank you for your visit to my blog this week (the post where Jeter went to the vet and had his anal glands expressed) He is just fine now.
I read your touching post about your Baba, loved it, may his soul rest in peace... sort of reminded me about the Kite Runner, one of my favorite books. Hope your weekend is awesome! xoxo
You are just too cool for school, girl. :)
Our team at work has just "adopted" a soldier serving in Afghanistan... Jonathan is his name.... and I'm so excited to be sending him stuff. I grew up in a military family, so I am always mindful of those who serve, and am THANKFUL for their service.
Your gratitude is contagious. Thank you for reminding me to be grateful, too!
What a sweetie you are! I too am grateful to those who serve our country and have served. Very cool that you put your gratitude into such a worthy cause. (I thought spinning was what one does to fiber to turn into yarn!! Boy am I out of it.)
Post a Comment